Swimming pool safety and maintenance tips
Protect your friends and family as you beat the heat.
Before your family starts splashing around in the pool, make sure you check the pool liner for rips and tears – just one of the many tips listed below.
• Maintain secure fencing and a locked entrance around the pool and deck area to prevent access when adequate supervision is not available.
• Make sure there is adequate lifesaving equipment in the pool area, including life preservers and a rescue hook.
• Keep chemicals safely stored away from the pool area. Follow all storage and usage instructions recommended by the manufacturer.
• Never leave a child unattended in the water or pool area.
• Keep children away from pool filters, as the suction force may injure them or prevent them from surfacing.
• Be sure all pool users know how to swim. Learners should be accompanied by a good swimmer, and never swim alone†.
• Inspect the liner periodically. Rips and tears can appear undetected at the top of the lining.
• Check for signs of wear and tear in areas where pipes or other items may have penetrated the liner (e.g., skimmers, hoses, etc.).
• For above ground pools, check metal supports for rust or deterioration. These may indicate areas where the pool could rupture or a person could be injured.
• Check the deck for safety hazards (e.g., protruding nails, loose boards, etc.).
• Keep CD players, radios and other electrical devices away from pools or nearby wet surfaces.
• Keep your pool maintained and seasonably prepped. Be sure to lower the water level and keep the pool covered in the winter months.
• Install an audible pool alarm to alert you if someone falls into the pool while it is unattended.
• Don’t allow anyone who had been drinking alcohol to use the pool.
• Stay out of the pool during rain or lightning storms.
• Never dive into an above-ground pool, and check the water depth before plunging into an in-ground pool. Keep clear of the area near a diving board .
• Do not swim if you are tired or have just finished eating.
- Who We Are
- Business Insurance
- Employee Benefits
- Personal Insurance
- Client Resources
- Request a Quote
- Write a Review